Since 2012, iMMAP has been an official Stand-by Partner Program (SBPP) to the United Nations (UN), a sponsored response mechanism designed to provide skilled and experienced human resources during the first phase of a new emergency. iMMAP participates in the SBPP solely within the niche of its expertise, namely the information management (IM) job category. iMMAP maintains a roster of rapidly deployable information management experts to provide surge capacity support in emergency operations.
The location, duration, and tasks of these deployments are defined jointly with our partners. Information management experts possess a wide variety of expertise and skillsets, and are experienced in operating in some of the most challenging global crises.
iMMAP currently maintains partnerships with eight (8) UN agencies:
• Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA)
• World Food Programme (WFP)
• Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
• International Organization for Migration (IOM)
• United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF)
• World Health Organization (WHO)
• United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
• United Nation Development Programme (UNDP)