Intensified conflict throughout 2021, drought and other natural hazards, COVID-19, and the broad-based economic crisis following over four decades of war has forced vulnerable communities into extreme poverty. The collapse of basic services and development programming since August 2021 has pushed many people reliant on development assistance into a state of emergency.
According to OCHA’s Afghanistan: Humanitarian Needs Overview (2022), the Whole of Afghanistan Assessment conducted in 2021 found that 31% of households impacted by conflict have either lost or severely damaged shelters. In 2022, nearly 11 million people are in need of adequate shelter and non-food items, including life-saving winter support in the form of heating items, blankets, and winter clothing.
Over the past several years, iMMAP has produced a range of key IM products for the ES-NFI Cluster that have been updated regularly, based on data submitted to ReportHub and other data sources, to help inform partners on the progress of their responses. iMMAP has supported and produced several IM products for the ES-NFI Cluster, including:
- 5W - Interactive Dashboard
- Operational Presence Dashboards
- Humanitarian Response Plan Dashboards (National Level)
- Humanitarian Response Plan Dashboards (Regional Level)
- Flash Floods Assessed Needs
- Inter-Cluster Coordination Team (ICCT) Winterization Advocacy Dashboards
- Stockpiles Overview – Interactive Dashboard
- Winterization Response Dashboard