The latest wheat-flour to bread processing facilities mapping study examined the status of 444 bread processing facilities across northwest Syria. The study took an in-depth assessment of their functionality, productivity, and the major concerns and challenges they face. It also gives insight into the current costs and access to bread in the region as experienced by bread program participants. This exercise aims to:
- Assess the capacity and functionality of wheat-flour to bread processing facilities in NWS
- Assess accessibility, affordability, and prices of flour/bread in NWS.
- Identify existing gaps in bread production in NWS to meet the bread needs of the local population.
- Identify the main production barriers and needed support to fill this gap.
- Map wheat-flour to bread value chain actors, plans, and achievements in NWS.
- Provide a clear end-to-end view of the bread supply chain in NWS.